Sunday, November 05, 2006

Its Worse Than We Thought....


Rumor has it that the Waltham Street space formerly occupied by gift shop extraordinaire Tommy Tish is in fact now being added to the Butcher Shop/Plum Produce empire. My worst nightmare (see previous post) has come true. "She," however, has allegedly not yet decided on a concept for the space. Thesouthendisover readers are invited to come up with possible suggestions for this small but soon-to-be-swanky piece of prime retail space.

My suggestions: How 'bout not just a high-end produce store, but an extremely high end produce store to pick up where Plum Produce has left off. Instead of a pedestal with, say six (6) heirloom tomatoes, there could be a pedestal with one (1) really high quality heirloom tomato.

Or maybe a very small cafe where purchasers of heirloom tomatoes can relax and contemplate their purchases while nibbling on heirloom tomato snacks and socializing with their fellow high-end produce lovers? How about an Uggs franchise/heirloom tomato emporium? A Maclaren dealership?

Come on - help me out here!!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for a Maclaren dealership. Every time our doubleseater breaks down, or our Au Pair loses it, my Mom has to bring us a new one from Wellesley, because I am like so busy with all my city activities and my husband is too busy trying to make partner at his firm or SCLA after work. Maybe She could dice the tomatoes and serve them on toasted reduced carb bruchetta for us mommies? :-)

November 6, 2006 at 4:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger shasha said...

I love your blog. I feel really creeped out when I walk around Waltham St. because it is so sandblasted now. I do have offspring and a bugaboo stroller though, please don't lob a spit ball at me when I walk by. Does it help that I live in tent city?

November 7, 2006 at 11:34:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it should be a milk store that sells milk with botox added.
The milk would only be available in one size but the strength of the botox would vary.

November 7, 2006 at 3:26:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, Princess - I think your site needs this photo more than mine....
Sunset on the South End - December 2004

November 16, 2006 at 3:14:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you stop your complaining and move out of the South End? We don't want you here and we're pretty sure we know who you are.

January 9, 2007 at 2:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger thesouthender said...

Why don't you eat me?

Trust me - more of us don't want YOU here. I'm staying put - you can leave and go back to life in a tacky mega mansion in North Attleboro or whatever blonde, bland and boring place you came from.

January 9, 2007 at 5:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger Josh said...

I vote for another small boutique - something else that we can all use. Maybe a pedicure salon for preschoolers from Wellesley.

February 11, 2007 at 7:37:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home