Thursday, November 16, 2006

"I OWN HERE"


Yet more proof that this neighborhood has become a playground for the young, straight and overprivileged: Last night, a neighbor who lives two floors beneath me (and has "outdoor space," as they call it) had another one of her parties that I can only assume invloved a keg and several guys in rugby shirts named Sean.

We have some clearly-explained "quiet hours" in our condo doc's. Basically, they state that you can't make any unreasonable noise after 11:00 p.m. Now I'm no prude - I don't care about a party on a weekend, but unfortunately my neighbor (who we will call "Kristen") (because that's her real name) feels the need to polish up her hostess skills on weeknights. So far, I have been awakened by unruly drunken guests and loud music blaring outside on her patio on a Sunday night (ok, Monday morning) at 3:30 a.m., again on a Tuesday at 3:30 am and last night until about midnight (which I guess is an early night for her - I should be thankful).

Turns out it was someone's birthday (Kristen is 21 years old, as I was able to discern) and someone named "Tony" was puking on the patio. All this in a $700,000 condo that mommy and daddy apparently bought for her. I can only hope that Tony puked into her Uggs.

When this happened a few weeks ago at 3:30 am, I shouted out the window and asked her to keep it down, as it was 3:30. Her response? "I OWN here - I can do whatever I want. If you don't like it, shut your f%$#in' window." Who says money can't buy you class?!!

The saddest part is that the (straight) couple that lived there previously could not have been nicer or more considerate. Not only were they ridiculously attractive in a hollywood movie star sorta way, but they mixed freely and socialized with the gay folk in the neighborhood, as well as the straight, the young as well as the old. Now we have another spoiled 21-year old brat in the neighborhood with an attitude typical of the new yuppie influx. Why isn't she living on Comm. ave. in Brighton where she belongs?!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just throw a vase at her next time.

November 17, 2006 at 11:12:00 AM PST  
Blogger shasha said...

I'm sorry I can't comment. I am seething. I can't find words. The gap between the rich and the rest in this country... it's overwhelming.

November 17, 2006 at 4:41:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How irritating. Do you have to sit down with her at condo meetings and everything?

November 17, 2006 at 6:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Wave Maker said...

If the condo regs have restrictions on noise and she violates them, get the freakin board to fine her. If she isn't on the deed, daddy will find out when he gets the bill. If the fines aren;t paid, the board can foreclose on the unit.

Sometimes manners have to be compelled externally.

November 17, 2006 at 8:32:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Sometimes manners have to be compelled externally."

I need to cross-stitch that on something. Heh.

November 18, 2006 at 5:09:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God, you are sooooooooooo mean!!!! I know Kristen and she is like the nicest girl ever! She even gives money to charity and everything. Maybe if you wernt such an old grump you would be invited to her parties.

November 28, 2006 at 9:14:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry for your trouble...This is my take... If your neighbor doesn't want to be considerate. Then take a look at the condo docs and pursue getting her voted out. No one should have to live like that. I have a A#$$#$%^%& nextdoor to me that acts in a similar way. Nieghbors just call the police now( they work miracles!!!)On the otherside of things, not all of us "younger folk" are jerks. I am a late 20-something and since rents were so high (yes, I am one of those singletons with a south end dog, but no SUV :) and I only wear uggs in the snow!) I do have the "mommy and daddy" you speak of whom helped me out with my condo purchase. I don't see myself as entitled but lucky. It's how you were raised. I've been really fortunate to never know what it's like not to have something b/c I can't afford it, but my parents taught me to be greatful for everything, b/c one day it can all disappear. I was also taught commone sense ( which sorry to say much of the younger generation lacks). Obviously, if you live in an urban setting than you need to be open minded and considerate of those around you. I know there is alot of gentrification in the South end now, but is it really that bad!!! Are we upset about the type of people or thier behavior? Surley, I would have to agree with the latter....Maybye that's where the problem lies...

January 26, 2007 at 7:35:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just call 911.

Then the next time it happens, call again.

Repeat as needed.

I used to have neighbors who acted like that. They moved away when they realized their parties would be shut down every single time. (Well, like you, I tolerate weekend parties, but not weekdays.)

Eventually, they'll get fined, too.

May 10, 2007 at 11:57:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home